Photo by Photo Submitted
TAKING ON THE WORLD’S BEST – Yukon curler Thomas Scoffin, right, watches his shot during the Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling National event in Oshawa, Ont., Nov. 12. Also keeping an eye on his rock are current Olympic gold medallists Ryan Harnden and Ryan Fry of Team Jacobs. Scoffin played second for Team Bottcher, which finished 1-3. Following the event, Scoffin tweeted: “Amazing week at my first slam in Oshawa! Can’t thank @TeamBottcher enough for the opportunity.” Photo courtesy of Anil Mungal/SPORTSNET
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Yukoners spurn a sales tax, panel found (21)
- Frost cites ‘misappropriation’ in stalled project (19)
- ‘NIMBYism is alive and well here in Whitehorse’ (16)
- Crushed under bison, man thought of loved ones (13)
- Silver rules out sales tax and job cuts (10)
- Man is charged after unloaded gun is seized at the airport (10)
- Mayor explains $20-M spending plans (9)
- Optimism permeates hardrock mining industry (8)