Photo by Marcel Vander Wier
FUTURE STAR – Neil Mikkelsen releases a stone at the 2015 Suzanne Bertrand Junior Bonspiel Sunday. The Whitehorse Curling Club saw 32 young curlers participate in the event that featured full-ice games and fun off-ice events. The event is held in honour of Bertrand, a longtime Yukon volunteer and curling coach, who lost her battle with cancer in February 2010. She was 62.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Infilling plan would create more country lots (15)
- Investigation starts into Yukon’s seventh homicide (14)
- Qualified independent party to inspect WCC (13)
- Man seriously hurt in Porter Creek shooting (13)
- Home owner takes issue with city inspection (11)
- Dogs have made life unbearable, residents say (10)
- Witnesses testify in dog rescue owner’s defence (8)
- Dog’s fate is bounding into a courtroom (6)