- Cost of proposed infill lots: $230,000 (13)
- Senior injured on stairs after elevator fails (9)
- YP troubled by latest care facility plans (9)
- Some buses won’t run today, city says (8)
- Frost undeterred by vacant Sally Ann units (8)
- Southern Tutchone will adorn city signs (6)
- ‘It opens a door for communication’ (4)
- Financial analysis doesn’t support digging plan (3)
February 9, 2018
- Election slogans and harsh words from Boston “Zank you” and “OK” – these seemed to be the only English expressions the couple from southern China knew, or at least were brave enough to try saying.
- Memories of the days when I could cancan ( Comment ) When I showed my 15-year-old son a 35-year-old photograph of myself as a Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous cancan dancer, he gave me a curious look and said, “Was that OK to be lifting your dress up like that?”
- This isn’t the way to create a group home ( Editorial ) The Wann Road resident was speaking to the Star Tuesday
February 6, 2018
- Congo is drifting into dangerous waters ( Comment ) You have to admire Joseph Kabila’s cheek, if nothing else.
February 5, 2018
- Syria has become a carnival of treachery ( Comment ) There are comical elements in the current Turkish invasion of northern Syria.
February 2, 2018
- The Syrian conflict: there’s no end in sight ( Musings ) Hardly a day goes by without some sort of bad news from the Middle East.
- Is this year the new normal for ice bridges? ( Uffish Thoughts ) In one of life’s little ironies,
February 1, 2018
- Aung San Suu Kyi and the Rohingya ( Comment ) Nobel Peace Prize winners sometimes go on to undistinguished later careers, and some seem to have got the prize by mistake.
January 26, 2018
- ‘Her legacy and influence in Yukon will continue for generations to come’ Ed. note: on Thursday, Premier Sandy Silver released the following statement on Tuesday’s death of Doris McLean (Star, Jan. 24):
- Electoral reform: examining first past the post ( Comment ) Shortly after the 2011 election in the Yukon,