- Union hopes strike action can be averted (7)
- Transit users advised to find alternatives (7)
- Youngest-ever commissioner learning the ropes (6)
- Business is ready to sell cannabis immediately (6)
- Entrepreneur, innovators to receive a new hub (6)
- Workshop debates 21st-century energy solutions (5)
- City manager clarifies positions in negotiations (5)
- Pillai accuses YP of ‘amazing financial misstep’ (3)
February 16, 2018
- Community service becomes well-paid jobs ( Editorial ) On Monday night, city council passed first and second readings of a remuneration bylaw.
February 15, 2018
- Future jobs: Moravec’s Paradox vs. AGI ( Comment ) Don’t bother asking if jobs are being lost to computers.
February 9, 2018
- Election slogans and harsh words from Boston “Zank you” and “OK” – these seemed to be the only English expressions the couple from southern China knew, or at least were brave enough to try saying.
- Memories of the days when I could cancan ( Comment ) When I showed my 15-year-old son a 35-year-old photograph of myself as a Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous cancan dancer, he gave me a curious look and said, “Was that OK to be lifting your dress up like that?”
- This isn’t the way to create a group home ( Editorial ) The Wann Road resident was speaking to the Star Tuesday
February 6, 2018
- Congo is drifting into dangerous waters ( Comment ) You have to admire Joseph Kabila’s cheek, if nothing else.
February 5, 2018
- Syria has become a carnival of treachery ( Comment ) There are comical elements in the current Turkish invasion of northern Syria.
February 2, 2018
- The Syrian conflict: there’s no end in sight ( Musings ) Hardly a day goes by without some sort of bad news from the Middle East.
- Is this year the new normal for ice bridges? ( Uffish Thoughts ) In one of life’s little ironies,