- Salvation Army a long way from reaching $78,000 goal (8)
- Latest outage sees estimated 7,825 customers lose power (7)
- Man claims he was assaulted in custody (7)
- Yukon government seeks dismissal of company’s claim (4)
- Council adopts 2018 spending plan (4)
- Optimism reigns at major tourism summit (3)
- Public hearing on tiny houses set for Jan. 15 (1)
- Canada won’t swallow five poison pills: MP (1)
September 27, 2017
- We are asking for your help, Premier Silver Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- More bad news about the folly of government In the news,
September 26, 2017
- Don’t Whitehorse pedestrians have rights as well? I write this letter with a heavy heart.
- When the government says this, I flinch Back in ’64 at Whitehorse Elementary School, Grade 7, we had a memorable teacher.
- Infilling areas is a positive policy It’s a great move by the City of Whitehorse to infill some areas around the city.
- Go back to the drawing board, Mr. Morneau Ed. note: this is a letter to federal Finance Minister Bill Morneau.
September 25, 2017
- We’re witnessing a city in a true crime crisis Hello, mayor and council, territorial leaders and the Yukon RCMP.
- Residents should reject this latest LIC move Regarding the City of Whitehorse’s latest local improvement charge (LIC; Star, Sept. 22),
September 22, 2017
- Slash the absurd size of YG’s civil service This Liberal government has more money than any previous government in history,
- Say again, mayor and council? This is an open letter to Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
- What’s the point of this YG plan? So I see the Yukon government wants input from groups on what to do with the Societies Act (Star, Sept. 20).
- Let’s tackle government employees’ stress woes There have been many Yukon government staff members off on leave, and stress is the cause of up to 70 per cent of the cases.
September 21, 2017
- Do Yukoners want this American trend? There’s a new trend starting with wage increases next year in the private and public sectors in the United States.
September 20, 2017
- We are not prepared for a stronger economic future Is the Yukon, especially the City of Whitehorse,
- Make no mistake: hunting is not slaughter I have worked in industry (lab technician, Hi-Grade Containers) as well as within wildlife management (conservation officer).