- Salvation Army a long way from reaching $78,000 goal (7)
- Man claims he was assaulted in custody (7)
- Latest outage sees estimated 7,825 customers lose power (6)
- Optimism reigns at major tourism summit (3)
- Council adopts 2018 spending plan (3)
- Yukon government seeks dismissal of company’s claim (1)
- Public hearing on tiny houses set for Jan. 15 (1)
- Canada won’t swallow five poison pills: MP (1)
October 10, 2017
- The story of our life is not our life; it is our story This was the motto of the storytelling,
- Ottawa has boxed Premier Silver into a corner Sandy Silver, our premier,
October 6, 2017
- Our territory is squandering an opportunity The Energy East pipeline is dead (Star, Oct. 5).
- She talks the talk, but what has she learned? Hillary Clinton told a Toronto audience last week that lessons need to be learned from the 2016 U.S. election.
- How can we change the bureaucracy’s folly? A few years ago, our family took a year off and travelled around the world.
- MPs must undo the historical wrongs of 2015 Subject: possible delays to YESAB amendments.
- Let’s face it: PTSS is everywhere now Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSS) is no longer recognized as a disorder.
- Which century are you governing for, gentlemen? Ed. note: this is an open letter to Premier Sandy Silver and Energy, Mines and Resources Minister Ranj Pillai.
October 4, 2017
- Respect is not a right; it has to be earned No one has the right to demand respect, not man nor beast.
- Why are lot frontages used to determine LICs? I believe our city’s mayor and council are not using the proper procedures for determining local improvement charges (LICs) on properties.
October 3, 2017
- There’s smoke behind the PMO’s green door Four years ago,
October 2, 2017
- Hunters are showing insufficient respect The First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun is disappointed with the lack of respect that hunters have demonstrated when harvesting moose within our territory.
- We oppose opening this moose hunt Following the worst wildfire season the province of British Columbia has ever seen,
- It’s time for a one-of-a-kind memorial park When travelling the eastern portion of North America and within two to three hours’ drive of Gettysburg, Penn.,
September 29, 2017
- You’re about to pay a lot more in taxes I’m forecasting that we’ll have a 15 per cent increase in energy costs,
- Technology presents challenges for information laws Sometime during its current mandate,
- Smell the roses and show respect for others Re: what a wonderful world (it could be).
- The ‘knock on the door’ lingers decades later As September comes to a close, it always leaves on a note of sadness.