- Union hopes strike action can be averted (7)
- Transit users advised to find alternatives (7)
- Youngest-ever commissioner learning the ropes (6)
- Business is ready to sell cannabis immediately (6)
- Entrepreneur, innovators to receive a new hub (6)
- Workshop debates 21st-century energy solutions (5)
- City manager clarifies positions in negotiations (5)
- Pillai accuses YP of ‘amazing financial misstep’ (3)
February 9, 2018
- Frost build-up can stop your furnace! Our oil furnace went out this week, but we got it going again today, thanks to a great service person.
- PM has $10 M for Kadhr, excuses for veterans “‘Why are we still fighting against certain veteran’s groups in court? Because they are asking for more than we are able to give right now,’ Trudeau said.” (Star, Feb. 2.)
February 8, 2018
- Is our children’s safety not important? I checked out the street in downtown Whitehorse by École Whitehorse Elementary School.
February 7, 2018
- Knowledge is the key to better health There have been a number of articles recently relating to medical testing.
- Powerful arguments for a grid link to B.C. We learned from last Thursday’s Star that Economic Development Minister Ranj Pillai is looking at connecting the Yukon grid to the Site C project in B.C.
February 2, 2018
- Don’t be fooled by all the Quest’s ‘mush’ The Yukon Quest is all about people, not dogs.
- Trump leads while the lefties blanch and bleat What to make of it?
- I shall watch the Games with interest! The Winter Olympians are going to be supplied with 110,000 condoms – in total, not individually – which would probably cost about $100,000,
- The conundrum: why fizzle when you can sizzle? Yukon’s mining and exploration industry is going to get busy – very busy, says Energy, Mines and Resources Minister Ranj Pillai (Star, Jan. 29).
- Some council members are blind to the impacts Mayor Dan Curtis has essentially told local residents and businesses, “I am hiking costs on you ... I need more of your money to spend!”
January 31, 2018
- What’s best for us: liberalism or nationalism? When government oversteps its authority, people are hurt, and someone will complain.
- Recalling A.Y. Jackson in the North Re: auction of the A.Y. Jackson painting of Moosehide, near Dawson City.
- The perfect storm stroke: global governance needed In the 1970s, the renowned economist Milton Friedman didn’t foresee how his ideas would lead to the dead end we seem to be approaching.
January 30, 2018
- Steps to help protect your personal information Privacy laws are in place to safeguard your personal information and protect you.