- Sentence leaves officer with no criminal record (10)
- Changes have diluted label study: researcher (6)
- Major water main break investigated (5)
- Purchaser looking to expand mine’s lifespan (5)
- Quakes may be factor in water main break (5)
- Jobless rate fell in January: stats (4)
- Immediate decision on trucks sent packing (1)
- Yukoners push through overflow toward finish (1)
January 26, 2018
- Who will pay the mines’ bills? We are hearing rumblings of Alexco Resources opening up yet again (Star, Jan. 19).
- It’s ‘Yukon Donalds’ time Nicholas Kristof writes in The New York Times,
- Alcohol labels initiative is ‘irresponsible and illogical’ Ed. note: this is a letter to John Streicker, the minister responsible for the Yukon Liquor Corp.
January 24, 2018
- Language centre’s demise is unbelievable Watching Northbeat, I learned that the wonderful Yukon Native Language Centre (YNLC) is being taken apart and its staff let go (Star, Jan. 18).
- Reminded of a previous observation Your editorial “Last call for brewing and distilling censorship” (Star, Jan. 19)
- Cannabis scheme has sprouted many questions There are many unanswered questions about the pending legalization of cannabis in the Yukon.
January 23, 2018
- Aggressive action needed to curb tobacco What is Canada’s leading preventable cause of disease and death?
January 22, 2018
- Let’s ban this cruel and abusive treatment It was good to see in last Thursday’s Star that action is being taken against subjecting “mentally ill” inmates to solitary confinement (or whatever else they call it).
- How about some action, Mr. Trudeau? We got our son a voice-controlled speaker for Christmas.
- Tell me: what is so wrong with these pictures? Collusion: a secret agreement for a wrongful purpose (a conspiracy).
January 19, 2018
- This catch-22 is unfair to cancer patients My information is not specific to Whitehorse,
- Yukon can be a model for sustainable energy During this past year, Yukoners Concerned About Oil and Gas Exploration/Development have kept a low profile while Yukon’s Liberal government finds its way.
January 18, 2018
- Are Yukon politicians real leaders? Leaders have to be deep thinkers to be in public office, not idiots nor self-serving.